1. Last Friday I visited Michelle and Chad at their home for a dinner party! They made a delicious squash and quinoa soup with gluten-free cornbread...both were delish and I was so grateful that they were willing to come up with such a great gluten-free meal. Also at this dinner extravaganza were Danielle, Henry and Hank and Adie and Addison. So awesome to finally meet so many bloggers that I've admired from a (very far) distance! After dinner Michelle, Chad and I chilled by the fireplace until 9:30 or so, when my sister came into town and I had to meet up with her at the hotel. Thanks a million times to Michelle and Chad for the yummy dinner and for all of them for putting up with my overwhelming awkwardness.
2. On Saturday my sister Megan and I drove to the Grand Canyon for round 2. I must say that it's just as amazing the second time, especially when you decide to splurge at the gift shop.
Words can't express how morbidly excited I am to read this book I bought:
I wish I could've taken Megan to Sedona and Jerome, but she had to get back to the other campus in Florida for the week. I was so glad she could come at all and that we got to share a few drinks and 30 Rock together.
3. I met up with another blogger, Sara, on Sunday at a local health food store. Sara and her husband both eat gluten-free, so I always know I'm safe when they recommend a place to eat. :) I had such a good time chatting with Sara about anything and everything. Turns out we have a ton in common and were soon talking like old friends. There's a picture she took of us (beware, I am without makeup) on her blog here, so you should check it out and follow her. We went out again last night to Macayo's and she helped save my sanity from a rather insane day (the giant margarita helped also). I hope I can meet up with her again at some point. :)
4. I've been feeling a little disillusioned with blogging lately as I've encountered more...I don't know, negativity? I guess? It's not so much negativity as it is people taking blogging, and themselves, so damn seriously. I'm also frustrated at the fact that I can't really vent about it on my blog without being accused of blogging negativity myself. Alright, I'm done whining.
5. You should all check out my new and existing sponsors on the right-hand side. Just saying.
6. I bought some new cardigans and things at Target and I'm loving the fall colors:
7. Did I mention that I have only 3 days until I begin my journey home? Let me say that this just cannot come fast enough. I'm ready to sleep in my own bed and not deal with having a marriage-by-phone. The last few days have been really rough on me and as awesome as Arizona has been, it can never surpass home. Even though home is currently around 40 degrees and saw a huge snowstorm last weekend.
8. Have you entered the hand-stamped card and gift tag giveaway yet?
I hope you all have a great week!