1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate all the way. One year I got really sick after drinking eggnog and threw up all morning, so I can hardly smell the stuff now.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Doesn't he ask my mom and dad to wrap them and that's why their handwriting is on the tag?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights look classier, more solemn to me...colored lights look far more fun and festive. So I vacillate between the two.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Probably the first or second weekend in December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Turkey, mashed potatoes, this dish my grandmother makes that we all call "pink stuff" (cottage cheese, cool whip, jell-o, fruit...I don't know, it's delicious though).
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? One of my first memories ever (I was maybe 3 or so) was sitting in the bathroom with my older sister at around 4 am staring at the clock waiting for it to turn 7am, when we could wake my parents up. In more general terms, opening all my gifts with my sisters and spending the day with my cousins.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I asked my dad if Santa was real, half-joking and fully expecting him to say yes, and he broke the news to me. I think I was 9.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope, it was strictly against the rules in my house and I don't think Rob's family did it either.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Rob and I have continued his family's tradition of buying one Hallmark ornament every year. We also have some gift ornaments and a lot of filler ones we bought at Reny's (though Cypress has chewed most of those).
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love snow from Thanksgiving until December 26. After that I am over it.
12. Can you ice skate? Psh, I live in Maine, what the hell else do we do all winter? I lived on a lake so I was ice-skating as soon as I could walk. This doesn't mean I'm good at it.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a child, I got a troll dollhouse one year that made me super happy.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my husband and my family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Meh, I can't eat any of the pies anymore so I guess brownies made by my grandmother.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the tree, hanging out with my sisters on Christmas Eve (sadly not doing that this year).
17. What tops your tree? A star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Well, I like gift giving but it can be really stressful too. And once you're past the age of 12 or so Christmas gifts usually aren't that exciting anymore.
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I like the ones that are sweet rather than pepperminty.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Show or movie? I like "It's a Wonderful Life," "Christmas Vacation," "Love Actually" (totally a Christmas movie) and the claymation Rudolph story.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? Silent Night, duh! Does anyone else feel really sad when they show that Pampers commercial with "Silent Night" playing?
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Any of the standards sung by Bing Crosby, especially "The First Noel." I used to sing all of those songs in chorus/music geeky things in high school so I like all of them (God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and the like). I also like Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas is You." I think that's the only song that our generation will have contributed to the list of standards.