1. Our Thanksgiving was absolutely wonderful. It was weird to think that this may (fingers crossed) very well be our last Thanksgiving in Maine for a few years, but I think we made the best out of it. Rob and I spent the actual holiday with my family, since we will be with his for Christmas morning (gotta love married people holidays, eh?). My dad was extra careful not to contaminate any of my Thanksgiving food with nasty stuffing or contaminated butter, and I didn't get sick so...win! My cousin and her five children, who moved to South Carolina last year just after our wedding, surprised the whole family by driving up in a blinding snowstorm. We had a blast seeing them again and seeing how much her kids had grown. I used to change these kids' diapers and now they're in high school - I feel so old! Anyway after spending the day in my dad's house, full of love and family, we drove to Rob's parents' for more of the same. We watched "The Tree of Life" with Rob's mom, dad, and grandmother but were extremely disappointed. Has anyone seen this movie, and if so, did it make you want to tear your eyes out in boredom as well?
2. On Friday Rob, Megan and I all babysat our niece, Brielle. She's two years old and as such can be quite a handful, but a damn cute one. We watched a hell of a lot of "Dora the Explorer" on Netflix and spent some time rummaging through Auntie Keke's (that's me) purse. What's hilarious is that though we've always called Rob "Uncle Robbie" around Brielle, she randomly started to call him "Robbit." We've never called him Robert so I don't know where she gets it from, but it's pretty cute when she yells at him from the other room, "Robbit! Come here!" Ah, kids. She also is rather fond of "Depess" (Cypress) and managed to get her to "sit" by screaming "SIT DOWN" in her face.
3. I think I'm getting sick. And when I get sick I get whiny. Whine whine whine.
4. Rob and I are planning a trip to Florida in December and I am so excited about it. Rob has two moms and one of them lives in a town sort of near Orlando. We're going down on the 17th to visit her and spend a ton of time on the beach. Rob's not much of a tourist attraction guy so he mostly wants to beach it and maybe do some hiking together. Regardless, it won't be 20 degrees outside so I'll be happy.
5. Megan and I are also planning a trip to New York City in February! In 6th grade I started writing to a penpal who lived in Israel, and we've talked ever since (though now on Facebook instead of letters). She's going to be in New York in February and I figured it'd be a great chance to visit her and to see the Big Apple with my older sister. After dinner with my "penpal," Megan and I are going to see a play (we really wanted to see the Book of Mormon but it was going to cost around $720 for the two of us...so it'll probably be Avenue Q), visit 30 Rock and go ice skating!
6. Rob and I are gearing up for some big changes over the next six months (no, we aren't preparing to get pregnant) and we've been talking about it excitedly for the last few weeks. We should know more by the time the new year rolls around so hopefully I'll have something to share then.
7. I had a dream last night that my sister let my niece swim in the Hudson River, and treated me like an overprotective aunt when I was freaking out about it.
How has your weekend been so far?