Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Weekend Bits & Pieces

1. I created a poll on this here blog. I'm wondering what kinds of posts you enjoy reading and viewing.  This doesn't mean that I'll change my content based on what people vote, which would be kind of lame...honestly I am just interested in your opinions.  :-)

2. This weekend was lovely.  Megan and I totally chilled out with martinis and 30 Rock and just enjoyed sister-time.  I wanted to share a few more pictures from the last couple of days:

I cannot get enough caprese salad.


 "Make love in your own hand...MOTHER!"



Gluten-free waffle at Waffle Frolic:



3. When Rob got his ship tattoo done I gave Adam my idea for the matryoshka tattoo and then sat back and waited patiently.  As a quick note, I'm not a particularly patient person (SURPRISE RIGHT?) so the fact that I waited close to a month before I texted him asking about it is truly amazing.  I sent the text and stressed for a good hour before he responded; would he think I was being a Rushy McLarry? Would he be like "F off you crazy lady" or "Please leave me alone and delete my number"? Happily he texted back letting me know extremely normally that he had started it and "really likes where it's going."  I'm going to look at it on Friday.  A gold star I have earned (or is it deducted?) for needless worrying today.

4. Thank you all for your supportive comments on my last post, and all my anxiety posts.  It feels good to get all of that stuff out there even if makes me feel a wee bit exposed.  It's nice to know I'm not alone.

5.  I bought Rob this awesome Doozer stuffed animal yesterday at a toy store:


a. If you know what the above stuffed animal is from, we are friends and you win 1000 blog points.

b. Have I ever mentioned my desire to raise my children in a late 80s-early 90s vacuum? Endless nights spent watching Clarissa Explains it All, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, and All That episodes.  Stirrup pants and sweaters (though, honestly, given the current direction of fashion I'm relatively sure these will be in by then) and Skip-Its and Slap Bracelets.  And we'll live in a compound with 20-foot-high walls and barbed wire to keep them from learning about what life is really like on the outside.  That's functional, right?

c. I also bought Rob bath crayons at the toy store. At his request. And he was more excited about it than the Doozer.

6. Did you know that Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life are on Netflix Instant?  Go ahead and watch it, I'll wait.

7. Back? Awesome.

8. Is it weird that I kind of want to make a font out of my handwriting?

9. I hope you all are having a great weekend.  Tell me what you're up to!

14 comments:

  1. I knew I wanted a banana split tonight and then I saw your waffle and now you've gone and done it for me. Must have whip cream. Thanks a lot.

    ;) Cute post, btw. I like everyday happenings best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hungry after reading this and looking at these photos!! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you need to find some better looking tomatoes. maybe those are super tasty but they look so pale in this photo...

    i love all your posts.

    i did not know that ren and stimpy & rocko's modern life were on netflix; now i have a new hobby THANK YOUUUU

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm that food looks goooooooooood :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caitlin! Wow on this delicious post! I'm going to have to sneak out to get some of these ingredients. :)

    xoxo
    Katie
    http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, I watched Rugrats on instant Netflix :) I'm happy they have those on there! I love caprese salad too, so yummy! And also, I want those waffles...now. Yum! Glad you had a great weekend with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food looks yummy!!


    My blog
    xoxo Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never in my life had waffles that look that delicous. Ohhhhh man.

    I'm your newest follower and I am excited about that! :-)

    xoxo
    www.accordingtosabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That gluten free waffle looks incredible. I have cravings for sweet breakfast foods daily. Well, hourly.

    So glad I stumbled upon your blog!

    - S from Following the Walkers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun weekend! The food looks delicious.

    http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I FREAKIN' LOVE THE DOOZERS!!! My jaw just dropped, and I just said outloud, 'holy shit i want that doozer stuffie!!!' seriously, THE BEST part of the Fraggles.

    You are hilarious. I love your random blogs the best - the ones where you list things off like this...they crack me up every time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that food looks amazing. I am officially weirded out that I just found another Caitlin and Rob couple! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.