2. This weekend was lovely. Megan and I totally chilled out with martinis and 30 Rock and just enjoyed sister-time. I wanted to share a few more pictures from the last couple of days:
|I cannot get enough caprese salad.|
Gluten-free waffle at Waffle Frolic:
3. When Rob got his ship tattoo done I gave Adam my idea for the matryoshka tattoo and then sat back and waited patiently. As a quick note, I'm not a particularly patient person (SURPRISE RIGHT?) so the fact that I waited close to a month before I texted him asking about it is truly amazing. I sent the text and stressed for a good hour before he responded; would he think I was being a Rushy McLarry? Would he be like "F off you crazy lady" or "Please leave me alone and delete my number"? Happily he texted back letting me know extremely normally that he had started it and "really likes where it's going." I'm going to look at it on Friday. A gold star I have earned (or is it deducted?) for needless worrying today.
4. Thank you all for your supportive comments on my last post, and all my anxiety posts. It feels good to get all of that stuff out there even if makes me feel a wee bit exposed. It's nice to know I'm not alone.
5. I bought Rob this awesome Doozer stuffed animal yesterday at a toy store:
a. If you know what the above stuffed animal is from, we are friends and you win 1000 blog points.
b. Have I ever mentioned my desire to raise my children in a late 80s-early 90s vacuum? Endless nights spent watching Clarissa Explains it All, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, and All That episodes. Stirrup pants and sweaters (though, honestly, given the current direction of fashion I'm relatively sure these will be in by then) and Skip-Its and Slap Bracelets. And we'll live in a compound with 20-foot-high walls and barbed wire to keep them from learning about what life is really like on the outside. That's functional, right?
c. I also bought Rob bath crayons at the toy store. At his request. And he was more excited about it than the Doozer.
6. Did you know that Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life are on Netflix Instant? Go ahead and watch it, I'll wait.
7. Back? Awesome.
8. Is it weird that I kind of want to make a font out of my handwriting?
9. I hope you all are having a great weekend. Tell me what you're up to!