Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day - To my Dad


Dear Dad,

First of all, happy Father's Day, and thanks for cooking Rob and I such a yummy breakfast this morning.

Dad, words can't describe to you how thankful I am that you are my father.  You have always been a source of positivity, support, inspiration, and encouragement, from when I was in diapers to my marriage to Robbie and beyond. You have always pushed me to be my best self and to accomplish everything I set out to do with a smile, just as you do every day.  You've sacrificed so much for me and my sisters, and I hope you know just how much we all appreciate it. 

Dad, as I grow older I can only hope that I am half the man that you are (though technically I'm failing, what with the uterus and all, but you get the point). I'm sure down the road I'll need your advice and I'm sure you'll give it with a smile and a "you're doing great, kiddo," just as you always have. 

I love and respect you so much, Dad, and you truly deserve the recognition you receive on this day. Please know that you are loved and you are appreciated, far more than words can effectively express.

Have a wonderful evening, Dad.  Sit back, relax, have a few G&Ts and watch your favorite new show, "30 Rock" (you're welcome!). You deserve all the recognition you receive today, though one day of recognition is hardly sufficient for such an amazing man and father.

P.S. If you wanted to dress like this again, I would be fully supportive.


P.P.S. - I heard this song on my iPod today and it made me a little misty-eyed, remembering all the times we'd sing it together in the blue truck.  For the rest of you, please enjoy the 90s hair.

6 comments:

  1. Awww, sweet letter! Loving that retro outfit your dad has going on too, I definitely support him going back to that, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect!! And I love the old school photo. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This totally mase me say Awwwww out loud! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post! Dads are amazing, aren't they? BTW, Love the new layout! I like the green and red combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww Happy Father's Day to him! And 30 rock hilarious haha.

    And yes, the Harry Potter part of Universal Studios was so FUN! I'll post on that soon-ish...ha.

    And in response to your twitter question of your new layout and such...I like it!!!! :) Good choice. I suck at html and I need help haha.

    Ashley Sloan

    ReplyDelete
  6. how funny, we wrote very similar things! you, the better version, of course ;)...very sweet post, love! AND you look uh-mazing in that picture! yellow looks fabulous on you! xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.