|Yeah yeah, I ate most of it before remembering taking a picture. /gluttony|
3. Today I went to lunch with the lovely Justine, my wedding photographer and good friend. Every time I go to the big city of Portland I have to eat Chipotle. I don't know about you guys, but I'm at least 87% convinced that food from Chipotle is some sort of delicious gift from the heavens, or at least contains some sort of extremely addictive narcotic. I could eat Chipotle day and night, and twice on Sunday, though only once this Sunday. Anyway after eating some delicious Chipotle manna I met with an August wedding client. Their wedding will be my first Jewish wedding as a photographer so I am pretty excited for the new experience (okay and also scared out of my mind that I'll do something wrong, but you know, it all comes with the "excited" package).
4. After all the other funnery from today Justine and I met up for a "Trash" the Dress shoot featuring me in my lovely wedding dress. Because I love my wedding dress so much, I positively refused to trash it, so basically I just got some awesome pictures of me totally rocking the dress. Here's a teaser picture!
|Courtesy of Justine Johnson Photography|
5. Look at what I saw on the way home!
To answer your question, yes, I pulled over to take this. I'm not veering off the road in this picture, though that would make a better story.
5. I wanted to tell my Saturday gym story because I think it's hilarious. Saturday was my leg-exercising day but because I'm lazy said leg-exercising didn't include running, just squats, calf exercises, and lunges. Anyway I was squatting away (ew) when a little 7- or 8-year-old girl came up to me, pointed to my 15-lb weights and asked "are those heavy?" to which I replied, "yes, very heavy," hoping she wouldn't grab one and fall over and break a limb and everyone would blame me. Anyway this girl ended up chatting with me for a good 20 minutes. Call me subconciously lazy but I was too scared to start working out again because she was doing a lot of leaping and jumping around me and I didn't want to hurt her with freeweights. Some of the gems from our conversation:
Me: What's your favorite subject in school?
Girl: Gym. I hate school.
Me: I LOVED school. I wish I was in school now.
Girl: Why on earth would you want to be in school?!
Me: Because when you work as an adult you don't get summers off! You have to spend all day inside working!
(way to crush dreams, right? I'm good at that)
Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Girl: A waitress. I was a waitress with my grandfather once and I was really good at it.
Girl: Are you married?
Me: Yep, my husband's here at the gym. His name is Rob.
Girl: Oh, is he the guy from Twilight?
Me: Yes, he does have the same name as Robert Pattinson...
Girl: (interrupts) No, is he actually the guy from Twilight?
Me: No, unfortunately, I did not marry Edward from Twilight.*
*Just kidding, I think it is actually quite fortunate that I did not marry Edward. What Bella sees in that pale sparkling douchebag I'll never know.
6. Rob and I are spending our Sunday watching a Nova special about dogs on Netflix. Yes, we're nerds, but let's face it...dogs are awesome.
What did you do this weekend?