Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Shower Crayon Chronicles

Rob and I both enjoy shower-writing.  We often draw pictures and write each other messages on the condensation so that when the next person takes a shower, he or she can enjoy said pictures and messages.  Unfortunately given the inherent climate of the glorious hot shower, these messages are usually transient and our art disappears, lost and unknown forever in the annals of shower art history.

Truly a tragedy.

A few months ago my sister Megan came to visit bringing bath crayons for my 18-month-old niece, Brielle.  Rob, who had never heard of such an invention before, became very excited and requested that she buy us bath crayons at her next earliest convenience.  Luckily I managed to be visiting her recently and was able to finally buy some.

And oh, the art that has already been created in such a short period.

Now we can communicate our thoughts and feelings not only in person, but through our shower art. What more could a young married couple ask for?

I thought it might be somewhat amusing to share the fruits of our showerly artistic labors before they disappear (yes, disappear; sadly, permanent shower art isn't really an option when you rent) with the setting sun and the running water.

Rob's next tattoo? A girly skull with Mewf (one of my nicknames).


If you can't read the writing: 'Cha chee cha!' and 'Caw ca caw!'


He tried to draw the rainbow but we didn't have indigo...so this is ROYGBP.


A love greater than string cheese is true love indeed.


My next tattoo? A beautiful ruby with Robbie's nickname, Ruby.

Can you tell we're watching "30 Rock" on Netflix Instant a lot lately?

Are any of you closeted shower artists?

Also, before you ask, yes, my husband and I are 7 years old.

And finally, I'd love to hear your comments about this fancy new layout my blog is sporting.

21 comments:

  1. Shower writing looks like fun; I'll have to try it!

    I love your new layout. The green is so pefect:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love! i want to know more about this product!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha this is really adorable, I love that you guys do this for each other :) It shows how much fun you both have and how it's the little things that really count in a relationship. And I think I mentioned yesterday, but I do love the new looks..the dark green and red is great together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha that is SO cute. I sell bath crayons at work (in the baby section :P) but I think this might be the best use I've ever seen them put to. I think it's great that you guys do that. You're both so adorable it hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great! I've often thought of bringing those crayons into the shower, but for now I'm afraid G will eat them. You should, however, see my bathroom mirror. I keep a dry erase marker in on the counter and I write down my next day to-do list while I'm brushing my teeth at night. Jesse lights to add things to my to-do list....but it's usually just him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout, and that is awesome! Does it come off quickly with just running water or do you have to scrub it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's so cool! i've never heard of bath crayons. my boyfriend and i do the same thing with the mirror in the bathroom...writing little messages and drawing hearts...it's the little things :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I had never heard of shower art before - good idea.

    Love the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing. I love you two.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha. I love that you leave each other shower art. That is adorable. I must go buy some shower crayons to write little i love yous in the shower. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so jealous right now! I haven't used shower crayons since I was little! Now I kinda wanna go out and buy some! Sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so great! What a great way to bribe Isabelle into a shower:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely was this post!? Y'all are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm new to your blog, but I gotta say I love your layout! And you two are SO CUTE TOGETHER!!! Jen, who is my wife, and I often write mirror messages to one another using our fingers and the steam from the shower or lipstick. :P We've also used a little Etch-a-Sketch type thing with a pen. XD

    ReplyDelete
  15. So funny. I loved the comment you didn't have indigo so it's ROYGYP!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow these are an awesome idea! I am going to have a hunt. It would be fun for when visitors come to they could leave notes as well.
    I love your header - simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's it. I'm buying some of those asap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh those are so cool! I have never heard of those!!! How fun! Where do you buy them? Ha.

    Ashley Sloan

    ReplyDelete
  19. UHHH I think this calls for my first-ever venture into the scary babies-r-us : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha! This is a fantastic idea!! oh my gosh, I cannot wait to try this with my husband. Perfect for young couples, indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.