Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Things I Love Thursday

It's that time again, ladies and germs.


I love that my husband was pictured on the homepage of the college he goes to.
We're relatively sure they chose him because he has tattoos. 


5 Things They Never Told Us - an article about becoming an adult and the unexpected trials and tribulations.  It's written really well and definitely made me think.

"Jersey Shore" with British Accents - a bunch of guys reading actual lines from "The Jersey Shore" in the style of Oscar Wilde.

40 Things That Will Make You Feel Old - they most certainly did.  Thanks to Kaelah for this.

A Mother's Journey - photographic essay following a mother whose son is diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer.  Make sure to read the captions, absolutely heartbreaking.

Despite not being religious personally, I always enjoy reading The Brick Testament - Bible stories depicted through Lego men.


Would anyone like to buy me one of these awesome initial necklaces?



I can't seem to stop this dress-buying habit I have developed over the last few months. This dress had great reviews on Modcloth, but we'll see if it's yet another return.

I bought this journal on Amazon - it asks one question a day for a year, then you start all over again the next year and add new answers. There are enough spaces for 5 years of question-answering.  My lovely blog-friend Amber may be participating in this with me too, all the way from Texas!

49-year-old Twilight fan gets HUGE back piece with Twilight actors on it. I don't mean to judge other people's tattoos but I'm going to go ahead and say this is a wee bit ridiculous.  Could be because I hate Twilight.


I absolutely love this Jersey Knit Bracelet tutorial from V and Co - I want to go make these now! (Thanks Holly!)


I really enjoyed this post by Kaelah, "The Power of X," an eloquent response to an article suggesting that girls who like "girly" things like cupcakes and rainbows and puppies are selling themselves short as women. 

You Are Not a Photographer - a blog that chronicles the "fauxtogs" that many of us encounter in our day-to-day lives (you know, the ones that selectively color the crap out of their photos, or shoot only in auto-mode and post everything they ever shoot).  By sharing this I am not trying to suggest that I'm an amazing photographer, just that I don't totally suck and here's proof.

Please don't hate me parents, but I love this blog - STFU Parents.  This Tumblr pokes fun at parents who are extremely obnoxious about their kids on Facebook.  My favorites are the "Mommyjackings" ("You post a status about how your kid can count to ten? Let me comment to tell you that mine was counting and reading before conception." etc.). Before you accuse me of being mean to parents, check this site out.  Some of these women and men post pictures of their children's feces. None of the parents I know that read this blog are remotely as annoying.

Some blogs I'm really enjoying: I love you to the moon, Mowenackie, novarella, and What? Mermaids? - three very lovely ladies. :)

Hope you all have an amazing Thursday!

12 comments:

  1. These links are awesome! Will definitely occupy my Thursday morning. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously want to make a ton of those bracelets this weekend...they're adorable! And you're welcome :)

    That journal looks sweet, I may have to buy it...

    Hahaha I may have to start reading that STFU Parents blog...people are ridiculous about their kids, I swear!

    Love the necklaces too, I really want a lowercase "h" initial necklace someday.

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I adore your list. So much variety, and such meaningful finds. I'm about a week old follower of your blog, and I look forward to each new post. Thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm obsessed with buying dresses, too. I don't think I'm going to wear shorts this summer. I did try on some maxi dresses yesterday, and, yeah, that's just not a good look for me. Glad I'm not the only one with a dress obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping over. I will be on a hunt for anything Mr. Robbins this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those necklaces and that dress looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, i LOVE the "you are not a photographer" link. it's one of my silly little pet peeves when someone claims to be an "artist" and all they do is blur the edges and edit the color...gahhhh.
    i can't believe family guy has been on tv for 12 years! that's INSANE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. if someone buys you that necklace you should keep the trend going and buy one for me!

    www.alexislaughs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So let's try this again..LOL. I love STFU Parents, I've been reading that for a couple of years now. It's crazy what parents do! And I'm going to make those bracelets, they are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's SO WEIRD. I was just looking at that Q&A journal a couple days ago, and bought the 5-year-sketch-a-day one instead. But I was totally considering the questions one too! Wow, we are really on the same page hey?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought that Q&A journal two weeks ago! What a coinky-dink!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.