Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Back to Our Roots

Rob and I are originally from a tiny, rural region in Maine that no one's ever heard of and for which you have to provide multiple reference points when answering the question, "so where in Maine are you from?"

It's a 4-hour drive from where we currently live, and since this weekend is Father's Day (both of our fathers live down here) and since I booked a family shoot for Sunday, we made the soul-sucking trek down the highway and finally into the deepest reaches of nowhere earlier this afternoon.

First we drove to my grandparents' house to help my dad with a few projects. Then we met up with Lindy to photograph some of her wares for her Etsy shop and prepare for a (shh!) giveaway...coming soon :)

So after all of those adventures we're finally back to my childhood home, which is tucked at the end of a 4-mile dirt road on the shores of a beautiful, clean lake.  I love how quiet it is here, minus, of course, the occasional loon or more frequent mosquito.  It's like a whole other world down here.  Seriously, take a look at this location:





Beautiful, no? I feel very privileged to have grown up around so much green and natural awesomeness.

You think I'd be well-versed in the temperature difference between our current home (in the west, by the mountains) and our hometowns (by the coast), but I still managed to plan poorly.  When we left home it was 65 degrees, perfect sandal and dress weather.  When we arrived, it was 56 and cloudy.

Idiot.

Now I'm wearing jeans under my dress and a sweater.  Yay summer!

What did you do today?

P.S. I saw the first iteration of my matryoshka tattoo, you guys, and holee. crap. It's amazing.  Ten times more amazing than I ever imagined.  Think gypsy skull, lace, and Cyrillic.  When the design is finished I'll post a picture and try not to have your mind blown. LEMON OUT.

5 comments:

  1. Caitlin, you may have been cold, but you looked adorable. And isn't that what really counts?!

    So fun to see you and Rob. And thanks for taking pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a soul-sucking ride, isn't it? Thanks so much for doing our pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your red toenail polish. Very classic! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have those same shoes! :) I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ding ding ding! Can't wait to see the new tattoo. And nice 30 Rock reference. Ahhhh Lemon, she's the cooler version of me, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.