Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Things I Love Thursday

I've seen these kinds of posts in several places (like here and here and here) and thought I'd share some of the things I am loving this week.

This letter to new bloggers by Pugly Pixel (thanks to four-eyes rella for this find)

 +++
This I Heart Maine necklace from Truche (other states are available!)
+++

This beautiful burner/vegetarian/gluten-free wedding - particularly the Moose and Cow poem.


This list of words that don't exist in the English language (courtesy of Laced with Love)

Acoustic version of my favorite song ever by one of my favorite musicians.

These tattoo dolls I've seen all over the place. My kids will have these one day.

Hilarious comic/article about the first season of Teen Mom.

This Russian version of MST3k called "Project Popcorn" that is basically a shameless ripoff (but hilariously so)


Possibly the best comic the Oatmeal has ever produced.

Okay, this one was really good too.

+++
This tattoo headband for little ones. (1) I want one in my size or (2) I want to buy one now for my future daughter. Or son. I really don't care about gender roles.
+++

+++
This "I like the way you smell" print from SpreadtheLove.
+++

These awesome knit mits and Comfy Skirt I bought from Texture while in Washington.

This video about how important it is to wear sunscreen (I might've cried a little bit).

19 Bad Ideas for History-Based Video Games.

If Movies were Realistic.

I'm Not Racist, but... - Tumblr featuring screenshots of Facebook statuses saying "I'm not racist, but..." and then, predictably, following up with something incredibly racist.
+++
These Matryoshka, in Russian Матрёшка (yeah, that's right, I have a degree in Russian) glasses I bought while in Washington.
+++

While we're talking about Russian, I also like English names spelled in Russian characters. Mine is Кэйтлин. I know you're impressed.

I also like soft, almost-like-the-real-thing gluten-free bread, Claussen pickles and string cheese.

What are you loving this week?

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Those cups are awesome. I need those to add to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those cups--I'm Russian on my dad's side so I have a love of Russian things and a few items with those dolls on them :)

    BTW, I saw this recipe for gluten free mozzarella sticks on a blog and thought of you...thought you might like them! http://thesweetdetail.blogspot.com/2011/05/guest-writer-kait-from-kait-souch.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caitlin!
    I just started following your blog. I love the things you love too! I love the silver necklace the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! :) Awesome finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knowing Russian = instant cool.

    My favorite oatmeal comic is...I think it's called "the Bobs", about some cats who work in an office?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is so cool you speak Russian! I love that! I went to Russia this past summer- St. Petersburg! I loved it and I loved the goulash I had there. And I love that dog print... :)

    Ashley Sloan

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm back from my internet hiatus, and i have to say that i missed "talking" with you via comments!!
    i absolutely love those tattoo dolls--my kids will definitely have them! someone posted that sunscreen video on facebook and i was in tears by the end.
    this week, i'm loving being done with the semester, summer thunderstorms, and my new workout clothes!
    have a great weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great suggestions, checking out all of the links now. P.s I love the Oatmeal too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all of these great links! I found some awesome new blogs :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.