Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Some Links for your Weekend

Classic Hollywood Guide on How to React When you Screw up a Scene...I loved this. Rob and I both watched the entire thing.

The story of "Keep Calm and Carry On." This is super cool and may surprise you. Thanks Zelde!

8 Insulting Ways People Act 'Irish' on St. Patrick's Day.

Tiny Hippo and Tiny Train.

6 Horrifying Implications of the Harry Potter Universe.

Does anyone else read XOJane? I loved this raw, honest article on sex addiction. I also love that the comments on XOJane are almost 100% respectful, even when there are disagreements.

Going along with link #2 in this list, check out this shirt I just bought.

I've shared this before but it's too good to not share again: Fake Science.

18 Worst Plans in History, Charted.

Literally Unbelievable...a site that chronicles the many times that idiots post stories from The Onion thinking they're true.

How Archie's Gay Friend Proved the Internet Can Do Good. This warmed my heart.

How to Correctly Calculate your Pet's Age (apparently the 7 human-years-for-dog-years thing is incorrect).

5 Reasons why you Shouldn't Kill Yourself.

"The Hokey Pokey" if Shakespeare had written it.

The Founding Fathers' Pickup Lines in 2012 (NSFW).

Moochers Against Welfare.

Why Mario is Secretly a Douchebag.

As always, Nova has far better link posts than I so go check that shit out. Danielle's got a pretty awesome one too (and I'm not just saying that because my link was on her post this week...her link round-ups are always awesome).

8 comments:

  1. i read xojane too! sometimes the comments are even better than the articles. i think you would like The Frisky, which is similar to xojane, but a little tamer. they post lots of updates and articles about women's rights/politics/etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - I saw your link on Sometimes Sweet this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe I clarified, I realized that it did look like I was hardcore self-promoting.

      Delete
  3. Really like that article on Moochers Against Welfare. It can be summarized as "people don't know what's best for them". I also liked the article how people are insulting on St. Patrick's Day. Living in a college town where many people start drinking at 6 AM I see a lot of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are we even TALKING about Mario?!?!!?
    Luigi is where it's at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO the Harry Potter thing was hilarious. There were a few inaccuracies in the article but it made me laugh anyway. Fun links!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE YOUR LINKS POSTS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and Tiny Hippo and Tiny Train was so surprising at the end I think I peed my pants a little fo realz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh the Tiny Hippo and Tiny Train thing! hahaha And the Harry Potter thing is hilarious too.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.