2. You know you've been watching too much "Mad Men" when you crave a cigarette despite the fact that you've never been a smoker.
3. Not sure if apologizing is the right thing to do here, but I'm sorry for posting so frequently. My blogging mojo has come back in full force and I've just felt like writing. Interestingly that streak lost me followers, hence the confusion about it.
4. Does anyone watch the reality competition show Ink Master? Rob and I love seeing tattoos--good and bad--so we've enjoyed it. Better than LA Ink by far--Kat Von D and all of her obnoxious faux-drama annoy the living shit out of me. This show has drama but not nearly as annoying. Sadly the season just ended but we're looking forward to season 2.
5. We watched a documentary on Saturday night about this little girl with progeria. The little girl won't live past 13, but her father in particular is so devoted and clearly just adores her. I've noticed that as I've gotten older--and closer to having children--watching dads that are really into kids reduces me into a weepy mess. Though we might not end up with children I still like imagining how Rob will be as a dad.
6. Has anyone been keeping track of "The Walking Dead"? Last episode was INSANE, eh?
6. Though it's been unseasonably warm in Maine, it's been cold and snowy here (as I mentioned in the photo post below) which does not make me happy. I'm hoping to start seeing warmer days, and spending more time out on our patio.
7. The countdown is on for Rob to start work. At least for the first few weeks, it looks like he'll be working from Sunday-Thursday, with Friday and Saturday off. This will change when he starts going out on fires--he could travel as far as Alaska to help fight fires, but from what I've heard the max amount of time that he'll be gone straight is two weeks. I'm interested to see how it changes our routine. Since we moved in together (and really, the only experience I have living with Rob) he's been in school with a flexible schedule. Now it'll be more like it was this summer--gone from 9-6 or later and no coming home. No more cooking dinner together--if I'm working at home I'll have to be June Cleaver and have dinner at least started when he gets home. It'll definitely reshuffle the cards. In a weird way I'm excited to see how this blog will change this summer with this new experience...I feel like I'm becoming a military wife all over again. Does that make sense? Hopefully you guys don't mind hearing about this new facet of our lives.
Hope you've all had a fabulous weekend so far!