1. Despite the fact that it's been extremely unseasonably warm in Maine--like, 78 degrees warm--but today it was 35 degrees here in Santa Fe. I'm very sad about it, frankly. I was hoping when I moved to the southwest I'd see some warmth. I'm excited to wear dresses again and not turn on the heat.
2. My workspace was finalized this week with the addition of an office chair. I was using one of our dining room chairs and guess what? Not an office chair. My back confirmed this for me. I still have this giant tampon of a bandage on my finger so I wasn't much help in the construction of the office chair, but honestly I'm pretty awful at the construction of anything. Rob can attest.
3. My bandage slipped off on Monday morning and I saw my stitches. There's a weird red tube sticking out and it's totally gross. If you were wondering how plugged in I am, my first thought was to put it on Instagram. I didn't, so you're welcome.
4. Today we found out that the fire season has already been...well, fiery, I guess? Hot? Whatever, shit's going down and Rob starts work in less than two weeks. I got all anxious and nervous and kind of lashed out a bit, like I do. I'm all nervous and annoyed and frustrated. Having home home for the last 3+ months has been amazing but has probably spoiled me a bit. I think it's going to be quite a transition.
5. We've been doing spider checks in our bed ever since Rob shook out a t-shirt and saw a tiny spider fall out. Growing up, my dad used to talk about the dinner-plate sized tarantulas in New Mexico, so since we've been here I've had periodic spazzy episodes in which I become convinced that the house is being invaded by tarantulas. I don't mind snakes--even ones that could kill me--but the idea of a tarantula crawling on me is petrifying. We'll see how this summer goes.
6. If you follow me on the Pinterests you'll see that I've been pinning recipes like a mofo. Robbie's work schedule is such that I will have to at least start dinner before he comes home, and I'm kind of excited about the idea of being Suzy Homemaker (yes, I'm a nerd). Any fun recipes for me? We don't eat red meat (ethical + health reasons) or fish (Caitlin is picky and doesn't like fish reason), so chicken or vegetarian dishes are best.
Have a great week, all!