Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

MD is My New Favorite Acronym

I found out the other day that because Rob has been working straight for the last two weeks he was entitled to a "Mandatory Day Off"(MD on the crew manifest thingy I've been monitoring) today, meaning he cannot be called out on a fire until tomorrow.  Granted, they did this because had they gotten called out before having a day off he only would've been able to go for 7 days instead of 14 because they haven't had a day off in two weeks,  and now that they've had a day off they can and most likely will go out for 14 since they're first on the list, but hey, I'll take what I can get for now.

When your husband does scary things like mine you try to appreciate all the time together you can find.

I woke up on Tuesday fucking pissy as hell.  Our hot water heater was broken, and since it was the day before Rob's MD (note: they don't actually call it that, I just am for simplicity's sake and I'm lazy) I figured he'd probably end up getting called out just because the Forest Service wants to spite me.  I'm trying out new ways to deal with shit and my latest is negativity and martyrdom, what do you think?

Luckily I got to meet up with a few fire-wives for a doggy playdate, got a lot of work done, had the hot water heater fixed (thanks plumber who has an impressive row of gold teeth!), and best of all Robbie came home fire-free, so my spirits were lifted immensely.

We had a yummy dinner of chicken cacciatore together and decided to watch the beginning of the original Star Wars trilogy, which I awesomely and rightfully bought a few weeks ago.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

So all in all, despite my Negative Nancitude, I'd say Robbie's awesome day off is off to a great start. Today I have to work, but we're going to find time to take Cypress back to the dog park, snuggle a lot, and watch more Star Wars together.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! I always feel like the universe is conspiring against me getting some really great quality time in with my boyfriend. I think we've found a solution for it though! If he had to cancel he had to offer alternative plans at a later date so I have something to look forward to. Hopefully it'll help out.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.