Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Thursday, May 17, 2012

This Week's Bits and Pieces

Is it just me or does anyone else notice "Blog Time?" I haven't posted in like two days but it feels like weeks.

1. Rob's been gone since Sunday and all in all, I have been doing well in light of my breakthrough I talked about in my other post. It still hasn't been easy though.  He texted me one day saying that he couldn't get a call through and the emotional floodgates burst open.  It actually felt good, though, since I'd spent all day trying to keep my mind from sliding into its normal emotional ways and a sudden rush of emotion was cathartic.  Even though it's only been 4 days (2 1/2 days of actual fire-time, fucking awesome) it feels like he's been gone for months at this point, and we still have 12-14 days (if not more). I miss him a lot and I really hope he misses me at least as much as I do.  I'm pretty much over this summer.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
How I spend my time.

2.  I'll probably regret this, but I'm seriously considering getting a second dog.  Rob and I have discussed it ad nauseum, but he always comes back to (1) the fact that we have jobs requiring travel and (2) the fact that he doesn't want to walk two dogs.  I thought about these and realized that (1) I should be working from home for the next few months at least which should provide plenty of time with a new beast and (2) who the fuck is walking the dogs all summer, exactly? TAKE THAT ROB IN MY HEAD. I've decided on a small beast since our house is small and another dog of Cypress's size would make it so much smaller.  At some point this week I'm planning on checking out a couple of shelters and seeing if anything clicks.  Wish me luck! And wish me more luck for when Rob gets home, because he might not be super thrilled at first.

3. The fire-wives and I have been going on various adventures this past week since the husbands are away.  We went hiking up the mountain behind our house, had drinks and dinner, and spent some time relaxing by the Rio Grande.  I honestly don't know what I'd do without these ladies; they are making this situation so much more bearable.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

4. If I don't find a dog, I'm planning a trip to Arizona to visit some awesome friends.  Weird thing is, I'll only be about 2 hours from Robbie.  So close, yet so far away.  The other funny thing is that if the lack of communication continues as it has, Rob will have no idea that I'm that close to him.  Hilarious.

I hope you're all having an amazing week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.