This Week I:
1. Saw a new therapist! I was making great headway with my therapist back in Maine so was a little bummed to leave. She correctly predicted that I'd put off finding somebody for myself (this shit is tough!) so before I left she printed me a list of therapists that work with the same sort of methods and that took my insurance. HANDY right? Anyway the appointment went really well, I got an awesome vibe from her. And she thinks my tattoos are pretty so, I'd say win-win.
2. Got rained on! Since we moved to you know, the desert and all, I expected little to no rain. SILLY ME I GUESS.
Heath Ledger coyote! On Wednesday night Rob took me up the mountain specifically to see a coyote (let me say now that in most contexts, this is a very bad idea) and we saw what I am sure was the Heath Ledger coyote of lore. He was far away but he was totally like, staring at Cypress lovingly and shit. We're going to see how this plays out.
4. Received a really nice tweet! Violet, one of my favorite bloggers and online people (and, I'm sure if we met in real life, one of my favorite real-life people) sent me the sweetest tweet I think I've ever gotten. She is lovely.
5. Was included in Nova's "25 Blogs You Should Be Reading" post! Nova said some very nice things about me and my blog, and since I generally trust her taste in basically everything I plan on following her advice and following the other blogs she featured and so should YOU!
6. HOLY SHIT I FOUND OUT WE HAVE A LILAC BUSH IN OUR YARD! Rob does not share my overzealous enthusiasm for this fact but I AM SO EXCITED. I love lilacs. Our neighbors had a bush back in Maine and they'd let us pick some to have in our house. I'm pretty sure if I get into heaven-slash-heaven exists, it's going to smell a lot like lilacs. By the way I imagine hipster heaven to smell a lot like Pabst, vintage clothing and bacon. ANYWAY, since we're just renting, we had no say over the landscaping of the joint and thus I had no idea that we had lilacs until today when they started blooming. I am so fucking excited. Too bad they last all of .3 seconds, at least they do in Maine.
7. Got hit with a weird, transient baby fever! I've had baby fever before but this was like, ovary-and-uterus-rattling baby fever. Deep shit. We won't be acting up on this any time soon, but what can I say, practice is fun.
8. Snuggled a lot, because fire season starts for Rob next week! We found out that Rob's new schedule, assuming he isn't on a fire, is such that his "weekend" will be Wednesday and Thursday. I'm not super thrilled with the arrangement because I work for a living and generally clients like it if you work on weekdays, but I suppose we'll make the best of it.
How was your week, friends?