I've been wanting to blog lately since I feel like I haven't actually written anything of substance in a month or so. Sadly I'm sort of at a loss of what to write and how to do it coherently, and what do I do when that happens? A bulleted post!
1. Does anyone else play Words with Friends? It's a word game, for smart people.** My username is tomakelovestay so if you want an easy win, play Scrab-whoops, I mean, Words with Friends, with me.
2. On Wednesday Rob flies to Colorado for Fire Camp, a four-day class that will prepare him for his new job as a Hotshot. I keep calling it "Fire Camp" because I like imagining him singing goofy camp songs and sitting around campfires. Maybe I'll send him a giant care package with candy and Pop-Tarts. Anyway for some reason I'm okay with being away from home, but it's really hard on me when Rob is gone. I'm dreading it but at the same time sort of excited about the "me" time.
3. To keep me distracted my friend Sarah and her girlfriend Ashleigh said they'd make me dinner! Very excited.
4. I'm also spending the weekend in Boston with my two sisters. We're going to eat yummy food, drink yummy drinks, and I will earn my Ikea stripes. I'm hoping to find a table that we can easily bring with us when we move.
5. Ugh, the move. I'm at a point now, similar to when I was planning our wedding, where I can't actually execute anything for a few more weeks. I can't place serious apartment inquiries until two weeks from now, since we'll be making our 4-day trip within the 3rd week of February, and I can't really pack since we still need a lot of the stuff we'd in theory be packing. I hate this limbo period.
6. Last night we saw "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." I hated the book, full disclosure, so I didn't have much hope for this. However, I was pleasantly surprised, and now I think that the story is just better suited for a movie than a book. I could've done without the really, really graphic rape scene (which is meticulously detailed in the movie. I am not a prude but this went a little too far for my taste) but otherwise I think it was quite well-done.
7. If you followed me on Instagram, here's some of the images you would've seen this week:
Pretty adorable little family I have, eh?
How is your week so far?
**SNL Alec Baldwin reference.