Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Guest Post: Melisande Makes Yummy Spaghetti Squash

While Rob and I are on vacation in Florida I thought I'd share some awesome blog writers with you.  This is my first guest post extravaganza so I hope you enjoy!  Today's post is from Melisande of sweet honey.  Melisande was one of my first blog friends when I restarted blogging earlier this year, and I love reading about her life with her boyfriend in California.  She also eats gluten-free, so she's a girl after my own heart! Today she's sharing a pretty yummy-looking recipe with you, so enjoy!


*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hi To Make Love Stay readers! My name is Melisande and I blog over at sweet honey. I live in a small California beach town with my sweet boyfriend where we enjoy adventures, riding bikes, and eating clean and gluten-free. Today I want to share one of my new favorite recipes with you, because it's the perfect winter-time meal and it's healthy and gluten-free. We've been obsessed with making spaghetti squash for dinner lately because it's so easy to make and it's delicious.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice the squash in half length-wise. Drag a fork over the surface of the squash and dig most of the seeds out. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and rosemary over the squash. I like to add a big pat of butter because butter is awesome and delicious! My boyfriend likes to chop fresh veggies into the squash and bake them in it, and I like it plain. Either way is good and it's fun to try out different recipes! Bake the squash for 40 minutes. I like to add extra seasonings after 20 minutes of cooking. Remove squash from oven and let cool. Drag a fork through the squash. If it's cooked thoroughly, the squash will unravel and look just like spaghetti. You can eat the "spaghetti" right out of the squash, or spoon it into a bowl. Enjoy!

 Thanks Caitlin for letting me guest post for you! Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for having me guest post caitlin! hope you're having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God I LOVE spaghetti squash! I eat it like four nights a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love any GF recipes haha, we are a celiac family.. at least my son and I are :) Spaghetti squash looks yummy

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.