Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Your Questions Answered Part III: Disease, Middle School & Dream Jobs

I'm going to skip my Things I Love Thursday post this week.  Haven't found enough fun things on the interwebs and I'm liking this whole question answering thing. I beg your forgiveness, loyal readers.

Today's questions come from Sara Bell.

1. Why are you gluten-free? Do you have Celiac Disease?

I am indeed the proud owner of a faulty immune system and a faulty upper intestine.  I was diagnosed with celiac disease in June of 2010, just weeks shy of our wedding.  Luckily our wedding was already pretty gluten-free (we had a baked potato bar!), but it was still an adjustment.  Rob has been an absolute blessing throughout the whole obnoxious process.

2. What band did you usually listen to when you locked yourself in your room in middle school? (Obviously you thought your life was insanely hard and did this because so did I, and everyone I know)

What a great question! In 5th and 6th grade I was positively obsessed with the Beatles.  Like in a really creepy, obnoxious, attention-getting way.  I wanted everyone to know how much I liked the Beatles.  I even sort of looked like John Lennon at one point (don't ask).  In 7th and 8th grade I grew more into an obnoxious poseur and started listening to a lot of the hits of the day, such as Nelly, Eminem, Limp Bizkit, and, of course, N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys.  I am not particularly proud of this period in my musical history, as you can probably imagine.

3. What is your dream job?

Another great question.  I used to think I'd like to be a veterinarian, but now I think I would love to be a comedy writer on a television show.  Preferably with Tina Fey please.  I doubt I'm funny or witty enough so for now it's just a dream, but a fun one regardless. I think I would also enjoy just writing in general, as long as I could maintain some level of creativity.

19 comments:

  1. Tina Fey? Yes please!

    Also, my music taste was similar to yours back then. Such sad days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina Fey....we love her around these parts. And yes, I'm with Ashley. I was rockin' out to some byebyebye myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, we all listened to bad music back then:) I even went to a BSB concert! (I followed the BSB concert up with an AC/DC concert the same year, so I feel like that counts for something.)I still love the beatles, john lennon especially.

    Have you ever tried making GF bread? I am curious about the differences in GF bread and regular ole bread..

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh...I remember listening to Limp Bizkit at a middle school "party." It always brings back memories of running away from my "boyfriend" because he said he wanted to kiss. EWWWW.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see you in your John Lennon period! What a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooow your music choices sound so much like my own when I was younger. In like 6th grade I went through a HUGE beatles phase (and was yes... very obnoxious). I then moved on to more mainstream things thanks to Junior High. :) Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love "the beatles" stage and totally understand. i went through a doors obsession. and i mean obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a friend who was OBSESSED with the Beatles too, I kind of caught the fever for a few months but instead became ridic. obsessed with Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson. *cough* stilllovethemboth *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've heard being gluten free is such a hard transition... learning to bake & cook gluten free would be so hard! thank goodness for supportive husbands!
    And like you & everyone else, i'm totally on the "not so proud of my music taste in jr. high" wagon. haha!

    i like the q & a posts! it's nice to get to know people.

    ♥elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw those are great! If I haven't already told you, my husband has Celiac disease and I switched to GF because he's so sensitive to it. I ate gluten recently and he didn't know it but was feeling pretty crappy for a few days so I know it's true. I haven't had it in so long that now I feel sick too.
    I hit all the music phases you did but when I went through my "particularly difficult" time in middle school, I listened to Linkin Park all the time. I thought I was so tough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Lady! Love the answering of question posts! Even though I feel like I've known you a long time, its great to read these and get to know you better. Maybe I'll do something like this, my readers right now are 0 - haha. So, we'll see.

    I ate Pei Wei yesterday and thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beatles Beatles Beatles :) LOVE. Even if it was in a creepy, obnoxious, attention getting way, at least you have the taste and sense to know they are fantastic. But Nelly? I remember liking him too, what were we thinking??

    ReplyDelete
  13. we were both diagnosed with celiac's at the same time!
    and i LOVE the beatles too, though i am curious about how you resembled him?? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha what a great questionnaire! Your answers are hilarious. And I do mean that in a "laughing with you" kind of way since it was written in a self-deprecating style. You do have a great sense of humor and it would be fun to watch you on tv with Tina Fey. I'd watch it. Preferably not in Danish because then I wouldn't understand anything you said.

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha number 2 cracks me up. I went through the same phase with the poser music. sometimes I hear music I used to love and I am like, what? this was beyond amazing to me? oh how things change... and stay the same.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I went through a similar phase with The Doors, I felt like as a music lover it was really important for me to be obsessed with them. HA! We were such dorks! I love these posts, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can be totally proud of liking the Backstreet Boys! Unlike most of the autotune popsters of today, they can really sing. I know, I just saw them in concert with NKOTB last month!

    Limp Bizkit, now, THERE'S an interest to be ashamed about. Ha. (I listened to them, too. Go-to rage music.)

    Found you on Young People in Love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know, I never went through a huge Beatles phase until last year when I started reading some books that involved them. Only then did I start to truly appreciate their music! Kudos on figuring it out so young :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. you're gluten-free too?! and have good taste in music... i think we could be friends. love your blog!


    www.embracethesunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.