Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Monday, February 13, 2012

Week in Santa Fe

I'm back, NERDS!*

So as you all know I spent last week in the Land of Enchantment (New Mexico) with my sister. Our goal, of course, was to find a place to live.  One thing that kind of bummed me out originally was that I didn't have a single place that I was super excited about.

Thanks to Bethany (she's awesome, and has been SO helpful) I had somewhat of an idea to expect but I was still freaking out a little.

We flew from Boston on Tuesday.  On the flight to Phoenix, I bought a snack box since they are generally gluten-free.  When I handed the flight attendant my USAA credit card, she asked if I was military.  When I told her about Rob, she handed me back my card and gave me the snack box for free! As I told Rob, the four years apart and Purple Heart were totally worth the dried fruit and cheese.


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


We landed and I got a sight of my new home airport, Albuquerque Sunport! As a side note, doesn't "support" sound so much more fun and exciting and less TSA-violating than "airport?"

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

The next morning we looked at heroin-needle place and, as I told you previously, randomly called our dream house and basically decided on it that day.  I have to tell you, I totally shut down a few times and my stomach was filled with the tumult that only stress can bring.  Once the landlords called on Thursday morning and said that we'd snagged the place my whole being did a huge freaking internal summersault/flip/cartwheel moment.  

I stressed about the limited space (which prompted a complete evaluation of everything we owned, which I wrote out and you can see below) but Megan, who lives in a small space, gave me all the encouragement I needed.  So then I stressed about money, which both Megan and my Robbie helped me through.  Thanks guys!  I'm 100% ready to move forward with this trip and I couldn't be happier.

I hope I accurately convey just how crazy I can be through these blog posts.

We spent the rest of our time in Santa Fe visiting my dad's alma mater (which we'd heard stories of throughout our childhood), seeing the country's oldest church, visiting another old church with a logic-defying staircase, eating lots and lots of food (including gluten-free pizza!) and drinking quite a few margaritas and martinis. Also, I bought a fun sexy dress from Target! I promise it doesn't look that lumpy in real life.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

It was genuinely a really fun trip.  I'm really glad that Megan and I got to spend some time together before we are separated by around 3000 miles, and I couldn't have picked a better person to help me through such a stressful time.

I hope you all had a great weekend, and thank you all for realsies for filling out my survey.

*You guys aren't actually nerds, unless you like being labeled as such. I just wanted to channel Liz Lemon.

12 comments:

  1. look at you, hottie! i think the dress is great. also, i make out list ALL. THE. TIME. because it really does make things seem less overwhelming. i'm so glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super happy your trip was so successful! Sounds like you had a great time with your sister, too, which is always fun :) So excited about your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of wish that it were Internet appropriate to comment on this post, picture by picture—every one of them is super awesome. But, suffice it to say, I am glad that you had a successful and fun trip. Let's hope that transfers over into a successful and fun(?) move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Sunport does sound nice.
    2. Living in a small space is all about storage. Get tons of shelving and cupboards and you'll be okay I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, you never explained your asterisked nerd comment. I for one am a raging nerd so I don't care, but some might be crying in their bathroom right now.
    Second, I am pretty sure I'm ordering a snack box on the way to Minnesota, even if it's only a two hour flight.
    Third, that dress looks AMAZING on you!
    Fourth, all of that food looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so all your food pictures make me jealous :) And that dress rocks! I'm glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you found a place to live. I'm sure now that you know where exactly you are headed, you can focus more and stress less. BTW, super cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay! looks like a great trip, and i'm so glad you guys found a house.
    when eric and i moved into our apartment we put a lot of things into a storage unit close by, so that we could live without clutter but also keep furniture, books, etc that we didn't want in the actual apartment. i highly recommend doing that!
    and that dress is super cute! shows off your tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought about you yesterday. I tried a homemade gluten free Samoa. It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooo glad you found a place you are excited about. And sorry I did not get to hook up with you ladies! Work was too crazy this past week! Now on to the packing.... you can do it! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww. So exciting! Glad you had a good time and found a new little place to call home!
    I can't believe youre gonna be sorta close to me!

    That dress doesn't look lumpy! so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW so much going on! Don't worry, every woman stresses on the eve of a big move! But you're taking your man and beast with you, so no worries, right?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.