Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Monday, February 27, 2012

11 Things Meme

I have done this post before so I'll make sure not to repeat myself too much.  I was tagged by my good friend Jess this time and since I have spent most of the day vomiting or coming close to vomiting (more on this later) I thought this would prove a fun distraction.

Photobucket 

Rules:

1. Post these rules 
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things 
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post 
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them 
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you've tagged them.

11 Things about Me:

1. I think if I could have any job, assuming schooling/talent/money were not factors, it would be a tattoo artist.  I think it'd be so badass to be in such an open, flexible environment just working on your art.  Unfortunately, as any of the people who are currently playing Draw Something with me can tell you, drawing is not my forte.  My brain totally freezes when I need to draw something and it just comes out as a giant mess. 

2. I have had a blog in some format or another (LiveJournal, Xanga, Wordpress, Blogspot) since 2004.  Though I tend to shut down my blogs I always start them back up again.  

3.   Rob and I have a long-standing inside joke about turtles.  At one point my family and I were learning sign language in order to communicate with my cousin's son, who is totally deaf.  The only sign I could remember and teach to Rob was "turtle"(look it up, it seriously looks like a turtle) and we'd do it back and forth to each other all the time.  To this day we have little turtle figurines all over the house and sometimes I still draw little turtles at the bottom of notes or letters for him.

4. I love watching old, antiquated shorts and commercials from the 50s and 60s.  This love for the obsolete probably goes hand in hand with my love of the show Mystery Science Theater, since it's how I was introduced to them in the first place. I just find it interesting to see how advertising and PSAs have changed.

5. Rob and I like to collect books for our bathroom. Currently we have a zombie songbook, a book from the 1930s on making love, another book from the 1940s about finding a boyfriend, a book written by Stan and Jan Berenstain in the 1950s about marriage, the book "All my Friends are Dead," and finally, a chronicle of Russian prison tattoos. I have to thank my sister Megan for those last 3.

6. I've always loved animals, but I underestimated the extent to which I would consider Cypress family.  I know it's morbid, but I dread the day that we have to say goodbye to her because she has made such an impact on our lives.  Sometimes when I think about it I just take a second and snuggle her on the couch so I can remember what it was like when she leaves us. Call it silly if you will, but we love our little beastie.

7. I have a lifelong fear that I won't be able to have children.  Maybe a year or so ago I decided that even if we are infertile, Rob and I will go on to have a kickass life, maybe traveling around and of course adopting a million dogs.

8. My favorite books are usually non-fiction.  For example, I really enjoy "In Cold Blood" and "Under the Banner of Heaven," and I'm currently reading a book about the biological and social differences between men and women.

9. Every time I put deodorant on, I have to sniff it beforehand.

10. Same with my hands after I've washed them.

11. Because of my synesthesia, my married name bugs me more than my maiden name.  My maiden name was a nice shade of purple, but my married name is a combination of red and yellow, which makes me think of Ronald McDonald.

Jessica's Questions:

1. Who's your #1 celebrity crush?
I have quite a few and they are not typical of people my age (haha).  Conan O'Brien, Bruce Springsteen, Dave King from Flogging Molly (I have a red Irishman thing) are the biggest right now.  Also James Franco and Johnny Depp.

2. What's your zodiac sign? 
Gemini.

3. Do you feel your age? 
Not really, but I don't feel significantly younger or older. I feel like I'm 22 or 23 (I'll turn 26 this year).

4. If you already have a kid(s)- do you want more? If you don't- do you want to have kids? 
I sort of answered this above.  We do want children, but if we can't have them we are (at least at this point) okay with not being parents. I am not naive enough to believe that this may change.

5. Which movie character (not the star playing them!) do you think you're most like?
This character isn't from a movie, but probably Liz Lemon.  Also Sam from "Garden State." 

6. What's your favorite cocktail ever? 
I had this badass margarita in Jerome, Arizona that I enjoyed more than any drink ever.  My go-to drink, though, is a lemon drop with sugar on the rim.

7. If you could trade places with any blogger for a week, who would it be? 
Probably you, Jess! I'd love to live in Hawaii and explore places I haven't seen before.  Also, if I am physically trading places that means I'd look like you, which would be a vast improvement for me.

8. Could you have ever been a contestant on Fear Factor? 
I doubt it. I'm a wuss and a coward.

9. Are you a morning or night person? 
I have aspects of both.  On a project I prefer to wake up at around 5am, but I also like staying up late with Robbie when I'm home.

10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 
Happily married, living somewhere awesome, maybe with kids or maybe with a million dogs.

11. If you had to live in a reality tv show, which would it be?
"Inkmasters." Then I could just get tattooed all day. 

My Questions for You:
*I'm going to admit that some of these I found online or in books. I'm not super creative.

1. This is one that Rob and I have been discussing at length (found in this book).  If you had a choice between a year in Europe, all expenses paid plus a $2000/month stipend, or ten minutes on the moon, which would you choose and why? I shouldn't have to clarify this, but danger/possibility of shuttle explosion is not a concern.

2.Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

3. If you were someone else, would you be friends with you? Why or why not?

4. Have you ever read a book that totally changed your perspective or beliefs? What book was it if so?

5. What would you do differently if you knew no one was judging you?

6. This one came from the same place as the moon question (You can read the other questions here):  At long last, someone invents "the dream VCR." This machine allows you to tape an entire evening's worth of your own dreams and watch them. However, the inventor of the dream VCR will only allow you to use this device of you agree to a strange caveat: When you watch your dreams, you must do so with your family and your closest friends in the same room. They get to watch your dreams along with you. And if you don't agree to this, you can't use the dream VCR. Would you still do this?

7. If you could only watch one television show for the rest of your life (all seasons, all episodes) what would it be?

8. If you could acquire any talent in the world instantly, without actually working at it, what would it be?

9. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

10. What celebrity would you most like to have dinner with?

11. What are your top five favorite songs?

I tag Deanna, Sarah Rooftops, Ayla, Tricia, Ashley, Michelle, Violet, Sara, Alycia, Melissa, and No Model Lady! Please let me know if you decide to do this, even if I didn't tag you. :)

8 comments:

  1. Ah, thanks for the tag lady! I actually did this meme back in December, so I will instead answer a couple of your questions righttttt here :) [they're awesome]

    1. I would choose a year in Europe because that has been a long-time dream of mine (to live and travel abroad for that long) whereas the moon doesn't particularly interest me, even though I realize that's like a *once* in a lifetime opportunity, the whole astronaut situation really freaks me out, lol!

    6. Dreams have always hugely fascinated me, and the dreams that I *do* remember tend to be really weird and probably only I would understand... I don't know WHAT my dream VCR would catch but I imagine the mind being very twisted when it's completely asleep, so I may skip out on watching it. Not just for the sake of sitting with family, but because if I don't remember all of it maybe there's a reason? Who knows!

    7. One television show for the rest of my life... Hmmm... Probably Sex and the City (I know, I know) or Big Bang Theory, more likely!

    9. I really love living in Montreal even though I hate the winters, but if having family and friends close wasn't an issue, I'd want to live somewhere sunnier or warmer, or somewhere that I could actually have one of my dream careers (this isn't very likely in Montreal) so something like California (or LA in general), Florida, or New York even would be awesome! I'm a city girl so it would have to be somewhere busy, even though that can drive me nuts.

    10. Girl: Emma Watson, because she is freaking awesome and stuff. Boy: Leo DiCaprio because then we could get married! (HA. I kid, I kid)

    Also, I love the book 'All my friends are dead'... It's hilarious! You guys would have such a laugh in the humor section at my work, we've got some GREAT books that would be awesome for your bathroom collection haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved this! i'm intrigued by your collection of bathroom books, and just reading that makes me want to go on the hunt! i have a few that i got specifically because they were ridiculous (they're written as a guide for being a good 1950's housewife, and the hobbies of a housewife).

    also, i completely understand what you mean about cypress. i try no tto think about the day when flojo won't be with me becuase i end up in tears. i could never explain how much i love her, and because i hand raised her from the time she was three weeks old, i consider her my child.

    also, good call on liz lemon; it just proves once again that we're twins ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm gemini too ;)

    i'm with danielle. unfortunately, we have been through it once. we lost our yellow lab three years ago and it was the hardest thing i have ever been through. you probably think i'm morbid, but we had our vet come to our house to put her down. she hated going to the vet so we did it in our living room in my arms. i still cry thinking about it. now she sits on a book shelve in the basement next to a framed pic of her with bob weir's autograph (he signed the pic, that's a whole different story)

    loved this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm gemini too ;)

    i'm with danielle. unfortunately, we have been through it once. we lost our yellow lab three years ago and it was the hardest thing i have ever been through. you probably think i'm morbid, but we had our vet come to our house to put her down. she hated going to the vet so we did it in our living room in my arms. i still cry thinking about it. now she sits on a book shelve in the basement next to a framed pic of her with bob weir's autograph (he signed the pic, that's a whole different story)

    loved this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. heck yeah, you had better put me as your number one tag. :) did you know jan berenstein died yesterday? i think i'm a lot like sam from garden state too. when peppy and i first got together, garden state was 'our' movie. how cliche, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love that picture of you! This is the fourth time I've been tagged in one of these this week so I suppose I will do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with Dave King! Flogging Molly came to my little town (Flagstaff, AZ) so i of course went to the show since they're one of my favorite bands, and fell in love even more. I also totally love his wife! (The violinist.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also a Gemini, and I literally just did a blog post about #7! http://mason-jar-memories.blogspot.com/2012/02/confession.html

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.