Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Husbands, Dogs, and Cactus Spines in the Butt

Well, it's official, I will finally get to see my husband after 25 long days on Thursday, which is also payday so you know, double whammy of awesomeness.  I seriously cannot fucking wait to see him again.  We both agreed that this roll has been by far the worst, and not just because of Rob's messed up tooth.

Enough about my husband because basically I'll just keep saying the same shit I always do.

Amie and I have been putzing around the house and around Santa Fe being generally pretty lazy. She recently got a job at a local doggy day care which she really enjoys so far, and which is keeping her really busy.  She's not the type to find pleasure in sitting around doing nothing so I think the job will be great for her. I feel sort of like her proud older sister, or something.

Speaking of Amie and feeling protective of her: a week or so ago Amie walked Cypress up the mountain that sits behind our house.  She had been gone for awhile so I opened the door to see if I could hear where she was on the mountain.  As soon as I came outside I heard Cypress get into a dog fight and Amie yell and pull her out of it.  By the time I got to where she was, the other dog and its owner had left and she was shaking with the adrenaline rush and making sure Cypress was okay (she was, fight-happy little bitch).  In the kerfuffle, though, she had actually sat on a fucking cactus.

Long story short, she ended up face-down on the couch with me, armed with a headlamp and a pair of tweezers, picking cactus spines out of her bare ass.  So yes, I think you could say that our friendship is legitimate now. No, I don't have photos.

Anyway, friends, I'll mercifully kill this whimpering, dying post now with a few photos of a Santa Fe sunset, because I never get sick of them.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Rob being home! :)
    Also, you're a true blue friend.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.