Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Friday, July 20, 2012

Operation: Pimp our Patio

I'll go ahead and grant credit for this title to Liz, because she came up with it for me on Twitter.

One of my favorite things about the house we live in is our awesome little patio; not only does it have an amazing view, it also is wonderfully private and secluded.  Unfortunately none of the hodgepodge of furniture that came with the house was comfortable enough to use out there, and the desert sun of the dry season made it absolutely unbearable to be out for even a few minutes.

Before Rob left for a staging roll last week, he mentioned to me that he wanted to totally trick out the patio now that it's cooled down and now that we have a solid set of friends we could actually invite over to enjoy it.  After visiting a friend' house and laying in her hammock I mentioned that we should, indeed, get a hammock for it too.

Last night we strung up some pretty lights, pruned the trees, cleaned up some of the spider webs and various debris and began the process of making our patio awesome.  I'm waiting for the hammock to come (and I swear to god I'm going to lay in it every single day), but we set up both table/chair sets and the fire pit in a way that is conducive to having friends over.  We also cleaned the cushions on a chair-swing thing that came with the place and started sweeping up the pine needles and ant hills.

Robbie left again this morning (fucking lame) and will most likely be gone for his full 14 day roll (bittersweet), and I'm heading to Chicago for work tomorrow.  But we decided that when we're both finally home we will finish it all up and hopefully spend every night out there.  I seriously can't wait to lay in the hammock and just look at the stars together, guys.  Seriously.

I'm not one to share DIY or LOOK WHAT WE DID posts, but I'm really excited about this.  We've never had such an awesome outdoor space that didn't come with a million mosquitoes and I am so ready to enjoy it.

Here are some photos of the project so far if you're interested:

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.