Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Midweek Bits and Pieces

The only thing that's really important and awesome about this week is that my Robbie is home, not on call, until Thursday.  And I've been really stressed about work, which sucks but also has the unintended consequence that I'm not as worried about Rob leaving or divorcing me since all my worrying-energy is devoted elsewhere. A WIN-WIN I'D SAY.

1. Monsoon season has officially arrived to Santa Fe. It's amazing how drastically it affects the weather; before we were experiencing 90-95 days on the regular (yeah, I'm cool) and a sun that would just would not let up.  Now that the monsoons have started it's been in the 70s and 80s and humid, plus we're even getting rain every day now. I must say I was dubious when I heard "monsoon," but so far it's living up to its name.  Well played, desert.

2. This "weekend" with Robbie has been amazing. I'm not sure if it's that we spent a total of 10 days together in June or some other factor but this time has just felt different, and I love it. I couldn't be happier that he's home, even though it's only for a short while.  One of the only positive aspects of separation is how truly wonderful the reunion is.

3. Our anniversary was lovely, and thank you guys for all the kind wishes.  In the morning I woke up early and made Robbie breakfast in bed.  I'm nice like that.  We spent all day together, just hanging out and enjoying each other's company.  Later Robbie bought me flowers and took me out for yummy food and margaritas at the Zia Diner. It was really mellow and totally us; in fact, one of my favorite things about my marriage to Robbie is our ability to do absolutely nothing together.  Really I think I'd rather do nothing with him than anything else.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

4. I found 202 episodes of The X-Files on Netflix.  GUESS WHAT I'LL BE DOING NEXT FIRE ROLL.

5. When you're watching TV or a movie and the characters come across something that smells bad, do you breathe through your mouth? I totally do too.

Hope you all are having a wonderful week so far!

2 comments:

  1. Love bagel sandwiches!! :)

    As for number five on you list? I can relate! I don't breathe through my mouth. But whenever someone is having trouble breathing/suffocating, I also feel like I'm suffocating! I become short of breath as of I'm dying next to them. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love bagel sandwiches!! :)

    As for number five on you list? I can relate! I don't breathe through my mouth. But whenever someone is having trouble breathing/suffocating, I also feel like I'm suffocating! I become short of breath as of I'm dying next to them. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.