I've had a bit of a rough week emotionally so I thought I'd make a list of some of the things I'm most thankful for on this cloudy Saturday.
1. The fact that the foliage is finally starting to change. I took these pictures around our house. My favorites are the red leaves but most of those around our house are yellow.
2. Not having to wake up to an alarm. On mornings where we don't have to wake up at a given time Rob and I usually hang out in bed for an extra 20 minutes or so just talking to each other and dozing. Most times I'll grab my iPad and read him excerpts from blog posts that make me smile.
3. Taking a mid-morning nap. Just because.
4. Going for a morning walk at the local field so Cypress can take a swim in the river.
5. Grocery shopping with Rob. I know it's silly but it's one of my favorite times together. Sometimes if we're alone in an aisle I'll dance to whatever goofy-ass song or sashay like I'm on a catwalk. Makes me smile. Plus we went so that we could make a new recipe, which I'll be sharing tomorrow!
6. Watching Rob play "slobber ball" with Cypress in the yard. Basically he throws the ball, she catches it, he hunts her down and gets it back to throw it again. He also chased her around with a dead sunflower. Oh, and he was shirtless again so you know, there's that. I got some lovely action shots:
What are you doing this weekend?