Can I just say how happy I am that it's Friday? We have a very full weekend planned, what with session #2 for my matryoshka tattoo and getting together with these ladies again for some homemade Chipotle meals.
It's been kind of a tough week filled with poisonous thoughts about my own inadequacy. I'd write a huge post about it, but you guys have seen many of those from me and this would probably be more of the same. So in lieu of an epic depression/anxiety post, I would like to focus on what made me really happy this week:
1. Going hiking with Robbie and the ladies again at Saddleback Mountain. Because Amie is recovering from a sprained ankle, she and I only hiked the first two miles and then chilled out by and on a serene pond while Rob and the Sara(h)s hiked the remaining 3 miles, did actual work, and then hiked back to us. It was a really relaxing day and Amie was great company. Plus I like coming home at the end of the day and feeling actually tired, rather than feeling only pure mental exhaustion.
2. The fact that I said, "tell me what the rest of our life is going to be like," to Rob while cuddling and laughing on the couch and he responded with, "this." Exactly the answer I was looking for.
3. Our Hannaford has been selling corn from a local farm here and it is delicious. You guys, seriously. Sweetest, most flavorful corn ever. We've been modifying our meal plans to accommodate more local corn.
4. My husband coming home this afternoon from work saying, "I get a whole weekend with my lady!"
5. The fact that I cannot hide anything from Rob, and how he knows before I even do that I'm upset about something.
6. Getting pizza after our hike with some of the ladies, and Rob insisting that he make me a gluten-free pizza since our favorite restaurant was out of gluten-free dough.
7. Tattoo session #2 for the matryoshka lady tomorrow (yeah, a repeat, what?)!
8. Salad night with Robbie! I had caprese salad inspired by this lovely lady.
9. Receiving really sweet, uplifting Twitter messages from Ashley, Sarah, Maryam, Joyful Sparrow, and Lindsay after expressing sadness that I lost a few blog followers (I know, wah wah wah). Thanks ladies, you are all so lovely.
10. This song coming on Pandora and Rob saying to me, "So are you going to dance with me and Cypress or what?" Keep in mind that this occurred in the middle of writing this blog post.
What made you happy this week? I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!