Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Half-Sleeve Session #1

So on Saturday I wandered on down to ye old tattoo parlor to start my lovely half sleeve I talked about a few posts ago. Here is the [frickinamazing] design my tattoo artist came up with:



Adam Gordon of Mr. Adam's Tattoos, Farmington, ME

So gorgeous. I love the colors and the dimensions, absolutely everything. We talked about it and I think it'll take around 3 sessions, maybe more but hopefully not.

I spent around five hours in the chair which blew by like nothing. We managed to get a greyish outline of everything (since most of the tattoo isn't going to be with harsh black lines, just a vague outline so he can see everything) and a few accents here and there (the paratroopers, the insides of the flowers, parts of the plane, etc.). Suffice it to say, it doesn't look absolutely fabulous right now...kind of like a big bruise with black marks, but you can totally tell that it's going to be the most amazing thing ever regardless and so I don't mind showing it off!


I have to wait for A MONTH to get the next part done. My artist was pretty bummed that he had some event going on at the three-week mark, so we had to push it to Saturday, February 5. I've never realized how impatient I am until right now. He said that next we'll work on the blue of the sky and maybe the plane, and on the last session fill in the flowers and do any other touch-ups that are needed. SO EXCITED. I'm hoping to kind of chronicle this journey here so that I have it to look back on later.
Funny story: there was a girl that came in just after me to get her very first tattoo - the medical symbol with the word "Diabetes" on it since she is a diabetic. We were kind of chilling out while Adam and Doug drew our respective designs into stencils, and her mother asked "Is this your first tattoo as well?" I grinned and said, "No, my seventh." Doug, the artist who did the birds on my left shoulder said something like "Don't be fooled by her, she's peppered with tattoos, you just can't see them!" That's why I'm excited for this one - my first truly visible tattoo :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished piece!! I'm so excited for you, I hope hope hope I can get a sleeve someday, I've always wanted one. Adam is a great artist, wish he was closer to me! The design he made is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd seen this post before- love the original artwork /almost/ as much as the tattoo itself!! I can't wait to get more... kind of want to get a Boeing plane now too but maybe that'd be a bit obsessive :-D

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.