Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Getting back into blogging

I decided to start this blog with a picture:



I created a 365 Photos blog for 2011 and I decided to mostly use my cell phone rather than stressing over using the Nikon D60. I want to make sure I don't get burned out on the project and am easily able to take a picture each day. It's been an interesting experience.

Robbie and I had a rather eventful day. I am no longer on my Houston project and am therefore working from home for the foreseeable future. This has its ups and its downs, since working from home takes a lot of motivations and can lead to a lot of frustration and boredom (at least in my experience). Anyway, today we took the dog to the vet because of goopy-eye syndrome (pink eye, we think). She did very well and we were proud pet-parents.

I have been struggling over whether or not to buy this book:


The book is "Encyclopedia for the Art and History of Tattoing" by Henk Schiffmacher. Basically one giant comprehensive encyclopedic bible of tattoos written by probably the most famous tattoo historian in the world. I finally caved in and bought it despite the $100 price tag because it seemed like an absolutely awesome addition to our home (especially the coffee table, I'm thinking).

Though I got my first tattoo at age 20 I've found myself even more excited about them of late, specifically with my lady tattoo I got in October. Tattoos to me (despite having only a few myself) feel "right." It feels like some sort of deep-seeded urge that I can't explain or justify, necessarily. I just love how they look, how I feel with them. It's hard to put into words, so I'm going to use this answer to a FAQ by might as rella that really struck me:

Are tattoos addictive?

I'm gonna say no. Not physically. In fact, I'd say not at all. I think that it's somewhere deep in human nature to get tattooed...like cavemen did it, and cultures around the world have been doing it forever, and we are just living in an extremely repressive society in that regard. I think the 'addictiveness' comes from getting a tattoo and realizing that it's not such a big deal. You just kind of cross the line, from not having tattoos to having one, and then why the hell not get more? Yeah, that's my weird answer to that question. Or maybe I'm wrong and people love endorphins and being totally cool or some shit. I'm no expert.

Other than these things life has been pretty boring. My husband is on vacation so it's been nice spending all our time together. He has started taking me to the gym with him and has served as my unpaid personal trainer. I feel amazing and I can't wait to go every day...an actual non-destructive thing on which I can focus my obsessive energy. Only problem is, he kicked my ass the last two days and I literally can't move today for pain. I'm hoping I get to go tomorrow but if I'm still sore I might just lay in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.