Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Monday, October 24, 2011

Bits & Pieces from the Weekend

Yet another bits and pieces post.

1. I decided that after one of the more stressful weeks I've had in awhile I deserved a massage, dammit.  I'd never gotten a massage before so this was a completely new experience.  Sadly I couldn't let go of my worries (what if she recoils at my gross feet? My skin is so dry, it has to be disgusting! etc. etc.) but regardless, I felt pretty amazing afterward.  My only complaint is that all the massage oils weren't totally rubbed in, and I walked away feeling pretty oily and had to take a shower.  Plus my massage therapist was a heavy mouth breather which wasn't particularly conducive to relaxation.

2. For dinner I met up once again with Adie and her boyfriend Addison.  We had dinner at the Raven Cafe and afterward they took me around Prescott and told me a little bit of the history.  I don't know about you but history is absolutely fascinating to me, especially when it's history I've never learned about before.    There's a bar here called the Palace that still has the original wooden swinging saloon doors (Addison let me walk out first so I could swing them, totally legit wild west style) and the original bar from the early 1800s.  In 1900 a fire destroyed downtown Prescott, but the bar owners/patrons carried out the bar, set up shop far away from the fire and watched the town burn while they drank.  Pretty neat, eh?  You could even see the doors leading to the call girls' rooms.  So different from history in the Northeast, let me tell you.  Anyway we had a great time and I came back to the room after feeling a little bit gluten-y.  The Raven Cafe is yummy but this is the second time that their "gluten-free" food has made me feel bloated and sick.

3.  I have my Mac up and running finally and it is, as my dad would say, "quite slick."  I'm still getting used to the navigation differences, but hey, I teach people how to navigate software for a living so it shouldn't be too difficult right?   I was a little annoyed that I had to buy another Photoshop license, but what can I say, I really like Photoshop and I wanted to take advantage of still having Rob's educational discount.

4. I don't normally talk about work, but I'm really proud of the work we're doing here in Arizona.  A few people actually emailed some of the higher-up people in IT saying that we were doing a great job and that our training sessions were really helpful.  That always makes me feel good and I think makes me want to train even better.

5. On Sunday I went to the zoo here in Prescott! I love zoos and animal sanctuaries.  A tiger bared its teeth at me, so you know, it was pretty dangerous.  And I was pretty brave.

6. On Thursday I walked into my hotel to find a surprise bouquet of flowers from my darling husband, along with an amazing 30 Rock-inspired note.  I'm a very lucky lady.


Photobucket Photobucket

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a great start to your week.

12 comments:

  1. Those flowers are adorable. :) and I've gotten a massage before and she kept asking me questions.. I wish they asked you about pressure preferences before the massage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahhahaha....your hub is great - fab card!!!
    Cheers,
    Messy
    www.shelleysarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. massages are always nice, but they never use enough pressure and i feel awkward asking for more! glad to hear you're having fun in arizona, sounds like a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, the flowers are awesome.

    For some reason, I can never relax enough during massages so I tend to go with facials. I'm not a big fan of the oil left on with the massages either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, flowers! So sweet! I love that Rob knows you well enough to just attach a quote from a fave show :)

    Also super jealous of your Mac! I've been wanting one for ages now but don't have the money for it just yet. Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, he is so sweet!
    I'm about to e-mail you to set up a time to meet and even though I positively love The Raven and find it horribly depressing that you've had not just one but TWO bad experiences there, we'll go somewhere else.
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm glad we got to get together again and that we could share our nerd-ness with you :) Have an amazing last week in Prescott, and I'm so glad we could meet for real!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to see you're finally relaxing and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute husband you have. : )

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg. if y'all would ever consider polygamy I would love to join your family. of course, there would be a family discount on my normal snuggling fee.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.