Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Monday, October 15, 2012

On Trying Not to Stagnate

Isn't it interesting how you can feel so inspired and on solid ground, then almost as quickly find yourself once again in a rut?

This is so stupid, but I lost a few followers recently and, as Rob said, "you're stressing far too much about your blog."  I don't know about you, friends, but I take that shit personally and imagine all the things people must be thinking or saying about what I write or how badly I do it or what I could do better.

I could turn this into your typical I-only-blog-for-me-who-cares-what-you-think post, but like me you guys have read tens of thousands of them and thus I shall spare you.

In a lot of ways I feel like I want to take what I write to the next level and I have no idea what the hell that means or how to go about fixing it.  Every time I write I feel like I run into a wall in turns of quality and competence, a wall I can't seem to circumvent.  As a result I settle for mediocre content that isn't thoughtful or interesting because it's easier than trying to identify what could be improved and then, you know, doing that thing (case in point, I suppose).

I don't necessarily want to monetize the blog or write professionally, at least at this point, but writing is something that I genuinely enjoy doing.  I'd like to actually improve at something I do for once rather than stagnating again for fear of failure as I've done many times.  Stagnating is, after all, much easier than actually trying.

Anyway there are my ramblings about writing for the night, and I thank you for listening to them.

As a side note, I'm thinking of sharing the short story I just wrote (eee!) here.  I personally have mixed feelings about fiction on blogs, so I'm eager to hear your honest opinions regarding whether you'd have any interest in reading it or not.

Finally, for those of you wondering, our day today was much better and I will share it with you soon.  Still no luggage though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.