I started 2011 wanting to change a few things. The last few years have been filled with anticipation and important events (Rob getting out of the Army, proposing, getting a new job, getting married, a crazy stressful work project that had me working 50+ hours a week, etc.), and 2011 felt a bit like a grinding halt. I thought it was a good excuse to start anew and set some new goals for myself.
As we all know, setting smaller, more achievable goals throughout the year can make the actual achievement of said goals a little easier. I thought it might be a good idea to set myself some short-term goals this month, since May is such an awesome month.
With that, here are my goals for this month:
1. Take more pictures with my husband. You'll notice that I take a lot of pictures of things, and dogs, and husbands, but not myself. I need to hire a photographer to follow me around.
2. Finish reading "Bossypants" by Tina Fey and "Two Kisses for Maddy" by Matt Logelin.
3. Not check work emails during our vacation to Washington State, May 25-28.
4. Not stress out about an upcoming project that will require me to travel. I'm already stressing about it and I'm trying to get my mind out of the worry rut.
5. Take my husband out for frequent dates, no matter how small (lots of gelato dates, hopefully!).
6. Learn to make one new recipe for dinner. We are in a meal rut and tend to eat the same 5 meals over and over and over ad nauseaum. Time for a change!
7. Do the dishes and cook more often. Usually I can get kind of lazy and let Rob do it but I really need to take more responsibility for adult-things.
8. Go to the gym at least 5 times a week.
9. Run 2 miles by the end of the month.
Feel free to do this right along with me if you'd like! You can even use that totally