I got this idea from Holly's blog so if you have a second, go over and say hello to her and read her post.
1. Twilight - Before you accuse me of being unfair, please know that I have read several of the Twilight books (always borrowed, never paid for a single one) and have seen the majority of the movies, though admittedly with the intention of getting drunk with a Twilight drinking game. As a former 13-year-old girl I understand the appeal, I really do. But guys, they are just fucking awful. The message (hang around and eventually a man will hand you an identity and a reason to live) is terrible, the writing is even more terrible ("Edward looked at her amorously with love."), the story-telling is abysmal. I really hope if that my children like Twilight, they are also understanding of how neither Bella nor Edward are role models to follow.
2. Soda and Beer. Since I was a kid, I've never been able to drink soda. It physically hurts my mouth and throat and makes me physically sick. This applies to beer and any other carbonated beverages.
3. Wine. I want to like wine, guys. I want to be classy, I really do. I just don't. It's not as if I can't handle the taste of alcohol; some of my best friends are martinis. I just don't think rotten grapes make for a yummy beverage.
4. Flowy Clothing. To be fair, I'm only basing the fact that everyone must love this on the fact that there's a ton of this shit at Target. I try on these clothes and they just don't fucking fit. Maybe it's because I'm small, with short hair, and I already have to make sure I look feminine if I don't want to be mistaken for a boy or a lesbian (both of which have happened). The flowy shit totally obscures my shape and makes me look like a solid block of human. I see people wearing it and it looks great, so maybe this is just some sort of weird conspiracy to make me more self-conscious.
5. High Heels with Socks. Add this to the "looks great on other people" list (seeing a theme much?). I did this as a little girl and I guess I can't get behind it again for that reason. The other problem is, as soon as I put socks on that cover my ankle bones, it looks like I have cankles. I think my legs are just too stubby.
6. Make-up. I am just plain not interested in make-up or nail polish. My main place to buy either of those things is either Walmart or the supermarket, and I keep the same 3 pieces (eyebrow pencil, eye shadow, mascara) for literally years. If my eyes weren't so squinty I wouldn't even bother with it, quite frankly.
7. Seafood. People think that because I am from Maine we must sacrifice lobsters every full moon and devour their flesh, or eat them for Thanksgiving, or something. And everyone is always so shocked when I tell them that I never eat lobster. I hate all seafood with the small exception of canned tuna (and even then I only eat it with a shit-ton of mayonnaise and bread). I hate the smell and the taste that stays in your mouth for days.
What do you not like that others do?