1. Work. Work has been going really well though I've been extremely busy. I've been given more responsibility and work, which is always welcome because the more work I do, the quicker the weeks go by and the more money I make. Traveling is, admittedly, exhausting. I travel every Sunday, returning home every Thursday. I arrive home pretty late on Thursdays but damn, it is wonderful to see Robbie and a dog who is almost apoplectic upon my arrival. Next week I'm working remotely, which means I get to stay home. I'm pretty excited about that.
2. Robbie/wedding. Things with Rob have been going stunningly. I'm feeling super lovey lately (perhaps because I'm gone so much) and that warm feeling in my chest and stomach is quite nice. I've been feeling so lovey, in fact, that I was able to write my wedding vows a whole 9.5 months before I actually get married. I [obviously] won't share them here since I don't want Rob to stumble upon them, but this is the quote that I am including/working from:
“Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. That would mean that security is out of the question. The words "make" and "stay" become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free.”
It's from my favorite author, Tom Robbins. I'm quite a fan.
Speaking of wedding planning, I'm going to break my rule and write about my wedding planning.
I chose a dress (click here if you'd like to see) and it fits perfectly. Could not have fit better if it was made for me, which was fortunate since I bought it online. The colors we have chosen are dark green and black (with some lighter greens thrown in there for good measure) in kind of a "modern Celtic punk" theme-ish. We've been trying to come up with some other ways to make the wedding interesting. A few ideas:
- Paper table cloths on the reception tables (along with markers/crayons) so people can draw us messages.
- A centerpiece idea I totally stole from Offbeat Bride...vintage books, wrapped with a ribbon with a candle on top.
- Awesome-ass cake toppers that you can see here.
- I don't really know what to call this, but basically we're encouraging our guests to wear Chuck Taylors for shoes, and everyone who wears them gets extra super-special wedding points. Not sure what those points will go toward yet.
- Rob and I are both wearing Chuck Taylors with our outfits. Our party (with a whopping 4 people) will also be wearing them.
Those are just some of the things we've tossed around up to this point. We have also:
- Hired a photographer. This one is different from the previous photographer. She's an amateur, but really QUITE talented. AND, she's only going to charge us $250.
- Come close to hiring a DJ. This one is tougher. I found one that I liked but he magically had something going on on our wedding day. Go figure.
- Figured out the venue for both ceremony and reception (my grandmother's).
- Figured out food (my dad, aunt, and grandmother will make the food with help from nearby family).
- Figured out, more or less, the guest list (80 - 100 people ZOMG).
And all this 9 1/2 months out! Damn I'm good!
I think that's all that I have in the way of updates as of now. I have been following you all and please, please forgive my lack of commenting.