Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Confession.

I totally have baby fever. It seems like everyone around me is getting all preggers and such, and though my logical mind says "YOU AREN'T READY FOR A BABY YOU TRAVEL FOR WORK AND ROB IS IN SCHOOL," the estrogenical mind says "Oh, look at THOSE CHEEKS." Not fair.

It doesn't help that I have a [somewhat unfounded] fear of being infertile. As a result my planning mind says "Maybe you should just *try* to get pregnant, just to make sure you can," which of course makes no sense.

For now I guess I'll just visit the homes of people with lots of babies (best birth control ever. Srsly, The Mrs., I admire you SO MUCH) and value my sleep.

FIN.

3 comments:

  1. This post could have been written by me. Seriously. I almost cried last week because like 3 girls I know are pregnant and I felt left out and wanted a baby. Then I remembered that I don't want to tote a baby around Europe and I was good again.

    I'm also afraid I might be infertile. I have no evidence of that, but it scares me to think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I just won't go there. I'm pretty much convinced I'm infertile after 6+ months of trying and no baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I have fleeting moments of it, but I may have to take care of my teenage sister since my mom is doing a poor job and that quickly kills any desire. What would you do with a baby? Totally change your life, stay home? Hire day care? I mean I try and think and I don't have an answer. Totally changes your life. Plus I honestly we don't need the extra expense or responsibility. I can barely take care of myself... Does this mean there is something wrong with me?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.